YogaPebbles classes are not only fun they have a whole host of other benefits. We like to call these ‘Pebble Perks’!
- Each YogaPebbles Class is treated like a new adventure into yoga with story telling, colourful props and games.
- In our classes we ‘visit’ other countries and environments and explore using our senses. We might learn about the anatomy of the body, explore the alphabet, chat about nutrition and healthy lifestyles or bring books alive through our yoga.
- In our yoga classes we enjoy individual, partner and group poses to encourage social interaction.
- We might repeat affirmations which focus on our positive qualities, and discuss situations that we may find challenging and learn techniques to help.
- We use other forms of communication, such as sign language and symbol reading to help communicate with children who may have additional needs.
- We gently introduce children to the ideas of mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises so they can take-home the techniques and try them for themselves.
- All classes are run by a fully qualified primary school teacher with 17 years experience, and nine years in Special Educational Needs.
- Lisa is fully qualified in teaching yoga to children. She has attended relaxation training for children and holds a ‘mindfulness for children’ training certificate. She is also fully insured, has an enhanced DBS certificate and has full paediatric first aid training.
Click here for more benefits of yoga.