I am often asked by parents and teachers for stories that can be used for discussions around worry, anxiety and other emotions – so I thought I would share some of my favourites with you here.
- A Huge Bag of worries – Virginia Ironside
- The Colour Monster – Anna Llenas (emotions)
- My Many Coloured Days – Dr. Seuss (emotions)
- A Handful of Quiet: Happiness in Four Pebbles – Thich Nhat Hanh (mindfulness techniques from India)
- Sitting still like a Frog – Eline Snel (mindfulness exercises for children)
- The Giving Tree – Shel Silverstein (a story about empathy)
- The Crown on your Head – Nancy Tillman (a story to promote self-esteem)
- No Matter What – Debi Gliori
- Happy: A Children’s Book of Mindfulness – Nicola Edwards
- The Great Kapok Tree – Lynne Cherry (a story about giving, and empathy for our planet)
If you have come across books you love, please message me so I can add the title here (and to my ever-expanding bookcase)!