My five-day Restorative Yoga course in October gave me all sorts of delicious ideas to bring to our classes together.
This style of yoga encourages physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. Appropriate for all levels, it is practiced at a slow pace, focusing on long holds, stillness, and deep breathing. Perfect for relaxation.
Benefits of restorative yoga
- Provides recovery time and space when life gets hectic as the temperature drops and days get shorter.
- Decreases the stress hormone cortisol.
- Improved sleep.
- Balances the nervous system.
- Enhances flexibility.
- Releases held tension from the muscles, joints, tissues.
- Aids recovery and healing from past or current trauma.
Read more about what might be included in a typical restorative yoga class here.
I will be adding this type of class to my schedule in the New Year. So please get in touch if you are interested and let me know your preferred days and times.