This 8-hour training session will be run on zoom on:
Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th August, 2021.
Time: 9:30am-1:30pm with a 30-minute lunch break from 12-12.30pm.
This is an interactive training, which will include:
- An inclusive children’s yoga class that you are invited to join in with.
- Presentations on what Inclusive Yoga is and how to begin planning and resourcing for a class that will reach every child.
- How to manage children’s low level behaviour and more complex SEN behaviour in your classes.
- Techniques to refresh your skills since qualifying.
- Video shares of a demonstration class and examples of Inclusive education for children.
- Developing your awareness of children with a SEN diagnosis including ASD, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Attachment disorder, communication and hearing impairments and sign language – and how to adapt your classes.
- Ideas for what to do when things don’t quite go to plan.
- Paired and group discussions on what and how to plan, reflections and meditation.
- There will be some pre- and post-course tasks to complete to gain your certificate.
Trainings are kept small and intimate so everyone’s voice can be heard. Short mini-breaks may also be offered during the day. Open to all registered children’s and adult yoga teachers who wish to bring yoga to all. Price reduction available if you are a past or current mentee with YogaPebbles.