This 8-hour training session will be run in person in Northampton, and will include interactive yoga sessions to observe and practice with children from the local community.
Saturday and Sunday 13th and 14th November, 2021.
Time: 9:30am-1:30pm with a 30-minute lunch break from 12-12.30pm.
This is an interactive training, which will include:
- An inclusive children’s yoga class that you are invited to join in with.
- Presentations on what Inclusive Yoga is and how to begin planning and resourcing for a class that will reach every child.
- How to manage children’s low level behaviour and more complex SEN behaviour in your classes.
- Techniques to refresh your skills since qualifying.
- Video shares of a demonstration class and examples of Inclusive education for children.
- Developing your awareness of children with a SEN diagnosis including ASD, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Attachment disorder, communication and hearing impairments and sign language – and how to adapt your classes.
- Ideas for what to do when things don’t quite go to plan.
- Paired and group discussions on what and how to plan, reflections and meditation.
- There will be some pre- and post-course tasks to complete to gain your certificate.
Trainings are kept small and intimate so everyone’s voice can be heard. Short mini-breaks may also be offered during the day. Open to all registered children’s and adult yoga teachers who wish to bring yoga to all. Price reduction available if you are a past or current mentee with YogaPebbles.